Officially named Democratic Republic of Sao Tomé and Principe, or just Sao Tomé for short, this archipelago is located in Gulf of Guinea approximately 180 miles off the West African coast, adjacent to Nigeria. It is made up of two major volcanic islands surrounded by eight small islets, of which 6 are inhabited. With a total land area of 1001 sq km and a population of 150,000 inhabitants, Sao Tome and Principe is the smallest country in Africa, after Seychelles. A former Portuguese colony (Portuguese is still the main language) is home to thriving coffee and cocoa plantations and achieved independence in 1975.
Supermaritime Sao Tomé provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. In addition to its general services, the company also offers offshore logistics services to the West-African Offshore / Oil & Gas industry both to permanent clients and on a project basis. Supported by its Oil & Gas / Project division in the Netherlands, Supermaritime Sao Tomé also can offer mobilization / demobilization management services for Oil & Gas Support Vessel operators and drilling contractors for vessels in transit to West-Africa.
Supermaritime Sao Tomé are also the Liner Agents for West-Africa Cargo Services (WACS), a vessel operating company that runs a two-weekly break-bulk and container service between Lisbon (Southern-Europe) and the island of Sao Tomé. The service has been in operation since 2001 with 4 small multipurpose – geared vessels – with a DWT up to 7000ts, which offer a lifting capacity on average of 75 tons (tandem operations).
With a fleet of over 1000 dry van containers, West-Africa Cargo Services is able to offer containerized cargo services for the trade routes to and from Sao Tome (South-bound and North-bound), in addition to its break-bulk cargo services.
The services provided by Supermaritime Sao Tomé are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa) and personnel transportation
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Maritime Security Services (subcontracted)
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
- Container transportation and general cargo transport through the use of approved subcontractors
- Managing offshore support vessel (seismic/security/osv) service requirements / agencies
- Project administration including daily reporting / dedicated project management
Please contact our local staff for full Port Facilities and Restrictions info.