The Port of Buenos Aires rests on an estuary of the Rio de la Plata in Argentina about 240 kilometers from the river’s mouth to the Atlantic Ocean. An important seaport, the Port of Buenos Aires is about seven kilometers north-northwest of the Port of Dock Sud and about 56 kilometers west-northwest of the Port of La Plata. Buenos Aires is one of the 20 largest cities in the world, and is, along with Mexico City and São Paulo, one of the three largest Latin American cities.
The Port of Buenos Aires is Argentina’s cultural, industrial, commercial, and financial heart. Its connections to Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay by a system of navigable rivers make it a distribution hub for much of the South American continent.
Supermaritime Buenos Aires provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. The services provided by Supermaritime Buenos Aires are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa) and personnel transportation
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
- Container transportation and general cargo transport through the use of approved subcontractors
- Managing offshore support vessel (seismic/security/osv) service requirements / agencies
- Project administration including daily reporting / dedicated project management
Please contact our local staff for full Port Facilities and Port Restrictions information, or visit our country website by clicking here.