Douala city is situated on the shore of the Wouri River. The 1800 meters long Wouri bridge connects Douala with the port of Bonaberi. The bridge also serves road and rail cargo transportation to the West of Cameroun and the hinterland (Chad and the Central African Republic). The port of Douala is situated 24 kilometers upstream on the Wouri river and is the export port for cocoa, cotton, aluminum, timber and bananas. There are 9 conventional berths, 2 container berths, a shipyard and some private Oil & Gas berths. It has specialized installations for loading bananas, gasoline, timber and bauxite. Douala also has a timber port with 200,000 m2 of storage space.
Supermaritime Douala provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. In addition to its general services, the company also offers offshore logistics services to the West-African Offshore / Oil & Gas industry both to permanent clients and on a project basis. Supported by its Oil & Gas / Project division in the Netherlands, Supermaritime Douala also can offer yard management and mobilization / demobilization management services for Oil & Gas Support Vessel operators and drilling contractors.
The services provided by Supermaritime Douala are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Local supply chain and cargo transportation management services
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
- Container transportation and general cargo transport through the use of approved subcontractors
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa) and personnel transportation
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Managing offshore support vessel (seismic/security/osv) service requirements / agencies
- Yard Management Services and local storage solutions including provision of local (skilled) personnel to manage the yard / warehouse
- Maritime Security Services (subcontracted)
- Project administration including daily reporting / dedicated (expatriate) project management
Please contact our local staff for full Port Facilities and Restrictions info.