Vessel Agency and Logistics Services Supermaritime Durban
Durban port operates 5 business units managed by Transnet Port Terminals or TPT. These units are the Durban Container Terminal (Africa’s busiest), Pier 1 Container Terminal, the Multi Purpose Terminal, Durban Car Terminal and the Maydon Wharf Terminal. There are also a number of privately managed and operated terminals in the port for loading and discharging petroleum products, fresh fruits and vegetables, bulk cargo, timber products and other cargo’s. Durban port services seasonal cruise ships as well. Extensive ship repair facilities with dry docks and three floating docks makes Durban an important ship repair port. Privately operated double hull bunker barges operate within the ports inner waters.
Supermaritime Durban provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. The services provided by Supermaritime Durban are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa) and personnel transportation
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Dry-Dock support services for vessels visiting the dry-docks in Durban
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
- Container transportation and general cargo transport through the use of approved subcontractors
- Managing offshore support vessel (seismic/security/osv) service requirements / agencies
- Project administration including daily reporting / dedicated project management
Please contact our local staff for full Port Facilities and Port Restrictions information.