Lagos is the main port of Nigeria. The port has three main sections, Lagos, Apapa and Tin Can Island.
Apapa port is the largest of the three port areas where a range of commodities are handled. Port facilities for discharging wheat, cement, oil products , containers and reefer cargo are available.
Tin Can Island consists of 3 general cargo berths,2 roro berths, 2 container terminals and one dry cargo berth.
Supermaritime Lagos is the country head-office of Supermaritime Nigeria. Managed by Mr Rene van Loenen (Dutch national), the team of Supermaritime Nigeria provides vessel & port agencies and logistics services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. Supermaritime Nigeria is well known for offering professional customer services to its (multi-national) client base.
The services provided by the staff of Supermaritime Lagos are performed taking into account the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Husbandry Services; airport services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa)
- Maritime Security Services (subcontracted)
- Local cargo transportation services / transit services to neighboring countries
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- International and local freight forwarding and customs clearance services
- Lagos airport clearance; various (compliant) service modes, including customs clearance of AOG and hand-carry shipments
- Project administration and handling
- Daily reporting / dedicated (expatriate) project management
Please contact our local staff for local port information and port restrictions.