Located on the Rio Grande River in southern Brazil about eight miles from the mouth of the river is the port of Rio Grance. Built on a low-lying peninsula, it is little more than 1.5 meters above sea level. The mouth of the river was dredged to allow ocean-going vessels to dock in the Port of Rio Grande.
The Superintendencia do Porto de Rio Grande (SUPRG) administers and maintains the Port of Rio Grande. Three main access channels are available: the Superporto (40 feet deep), Porto Novo (31 feet deep), and Porto Velho (15 feet deep). Mooring Wharves are at Porto Velho, Porto Novo, and Superporto. Most of the terminals (with almost 4000 meters combined length) are located at Superporto. About 11 million tons of diverse cargoes pass through the Port of Rio Grande each year.
Supermaritime Rio Grande provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. The services provided by Supermaritime Rio Grande are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, accommodation / travel services (incl. visa) and personnel transportation
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
Please contact our local staff for full Port Facilities and Port Restrictions information.