Tema port, the largest port in Ghana lies at the gulf of Guinea about 30 km’s East of the capital Accra and is Africa’s largest man made port. Opened in 1962 the port handles imports as well as exports and transit cargoes for the landlocked countries of Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali. The port has 12 deep water berths as well as a modern container shipping terminal, an Oil Jetty, CBM/SPM offshore mooring facilities, sufficient warehouse facilities and reefer storage capacity.
Supermaritime Tema provides vessel & port agencies and logistics / supply chain services to a wide variety of customers in various industries. In addition to its general services, the company also offers offshore logistics services to the West-African Offshore / Oil & Gas industry both to permanent clients and on a project basis. Supermaritime Tema also can offer yard management and mobilization / demobilization management services for Oil & Gas Support Vessel operators and drilling contractors.
The services provided by Supermaritime Tema are performed in accordance with the group’s stringent Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the group’s code of conduct and ethics policy, and include:
- Port agency services for all vessel types
- Liner Agency Services for Nile Dutch Shipping and Africa Express Line
- Local supply chain and cargo transportation management services
- Import and Export Customs clearance services
- Local warehousing and distribution services, including container stripping/stuffing
- Container transportation and general cargo transport through the use of owned equipment and approved subcontractors
- Husbandry Services; airport meet & greet services, travel services
(incl. visa applications), personnel transportation and
- Local procurement services / ship’s chandling
- Managing Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) service requirements
- Yard Management Services and local storage solutions including provision of local (skilled) personnel to manage the yard
- Maritime Security Services (subcontracted)
- Project administration including daily reporting /dedicated project management
For more information on Tema port operations, logistics, stevedoring, port expenses and cargo operations, please contact our local staff.