Health and Safety
The management of the Supermaritime Group is committed to the protection of the health and safety of our employees, our customer’s employees, and the general public. We believe that incidents and injuries are preventable, and that a job is only well done if it is done safely. We have documented Health, Safety and Environmental policies in place, and have a Safety Management System in operation, which is in accordance with the labor laws of the countries in which we operate. In addition, Supermaritime engages external HSE auditors to perform external safety audits on our operation to ensure that our processes are in keeping with our procedures and the applicable legislation.
Health & Safety goals
- Prevent workplace incidents and injuries
- Continually improve our health and safety performance
- Have the best safety performance in the Marine Agency industry
- Foster a culture in which all employees, partners, contractors and subcontractors share this commitment to health and safety and the environment
Health & Safety Objectives
- Always manage our operations in the safest manner, by recognizing and assessing hazards and applying effective controls
- Make safe conduct a condition of employment
- Always comply with health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Ensure our managers and supervisors provide the tools, supervision, training and resources needed for our employees to work safely
- Ensure our employees and others on Red Transport work-sites work safely
- Involve all employees in our health and safety management system
- Review our health and safety performance regularly, evaluate performance information and communicate performance to all employees
- Learn from our experiences to prevent future incidents
- Ensure that our formalized health and safety management system remains current with industry best practices
Our goal is to conduct our business in a way that protects the environment. Everyone who works for Supermaritime has a responsibility to give their best efforts to achieve this goal. We are committed to do this through our policy principles.
Consequently, Supermaritime plans and conducts their operations, according to sound environmental principles. They are to strive always to carry out work in the manner best calculated to minimize any adverse environmental effect, to prevent pollution of any kind, and are actively to seek ways of reducing environmental damage.
Where our operations, our conduct or our existence is subject to specific laws or regulations, our company will comply fully with all such applicable laws and regulations, and if possible will exceed the minimum requirements because this is good business practice. Special attention will be paid to ensure compliance with international conventions and regulations which apply to offshore and oil & gas operations.
At Supermaritime we are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
To achieve our objective, Supermaritime employees will in their daily operations:
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Promote efficiency and reduce waste across the organization
- Ensure that environmental awareness is included into its business planning, process improvement and operational disciplines
- Provide accurate reporting to the authorities, the community, our shareholders and employees regarding our environmental performance
- Invest, wherever appropriate, in an asset base and the systems and processes which reduce energy consumption and minimize carbon emissions